REVIEW: double cheeseburger @bleeckerburger with multiple locations in LDN! 🍔🧀🤤 First things, justttt lool at it 👀👀 this ting won @timeoutlondon Best burger in LDN for I don't even know how many years running. 💁♂️
Okay, so this USED to be my favourite burger of all time (this is my 4th visit) but still holds the formula of what a good burger should be in my opinion. The sesame bun on its own is good, flavourful with the appropriate crumb and has the slightly spongy texture you want in burger bun but it doesn't draw too much attention to itself, the same for the cheese. The sauce however is interesting. Its creamy, subtly sweet, tart and peppery which realllly serves to complement all the wonderful fatty dry aged meaty flavours your gonna get from the star of the show in the patty. Think of it as an elevated big mac sauce and patty combo 👍 you're a liar if you say you're not a fan of OG big mac sauce 😤. The slightly dry aged beef that they use in their patties cooked at medium was absolutely filthyyyyyy good, 😵😵 I can honestly remember exactly how it tasted the first time I ate it in the summer of 2016. This changed the burger game for me and probably changed the way I think about food a lil bit 😂. Sadly! Now due to regulations, the bleeker patty is cooked well done for H&S reasons, which, in fairness it totally understandable. You should only be eating burgers medium rare if they are fresh ground from steak meat in the previous 24 hrs tbh which is difficult to do in their small booths they operate out of. Don't get me wrong. The bleeker burger is still iconic and fantastic and if you've never had it, you should still totally try it and see what I'm saying but for those who had it before the switch y'all know what I'm talking about, which is why is say it used to be my fave. I still haven't had anything better and I'm still searching 🔎 I believe I should probs check out the scene in the US at some point 🤔. OG bleeker woulda been higher for me but this still gets an 8/10.
s/o to @not_even_asain for the OG recommendation way back. You changed my life lmao 😭
Доброго утра всем, друзья!Итальянская пища имеет лишь один недостаток: через пять-шесть дней ты уже опять голоден. Сегодня мы поговорим об удовольствии слоями.....да, дорогие мои, это о лазанье- проматери макарон наших!🤣🤣🤣 Лазанья с мясным фаршем - изумительно вкусное итальянское блюдо, получившее признание по всему миру. Очень сытное, готовится из слоёв теста и слоев мясной или овощной начинки, с соусом Бешамель. Процесс приготовления такой лазаньи с мясным фаршем совсем не сложен. Для этого понадобится:
500 гр фарша
10 шт грибов
Соль, специи итальянские
3 ст.л.томатного соуса
Для соуса Бешамель:
50 гр масла сливочного
900 гр молока
300 гр сыра
1) Начинку для лазаньи обжарить с томатным соусом, специями и соусом
2) приготовить Бешамель ( как готовить уже несколько раз писала, поэтому подробно останавливаться не буду. Кто подзабыл- пишите)😘😘😘
3) складываем лазанью. Берем прямоугольную или квадратную форму. Дно обильно смазываем Бешамелем, саерху ввкладываем листы, можно даже внахлест. Листы тоже смазываем бешамелем+ часть начинки+ тертый сыр+ снова листы лазаньи
4) вновь второй слой смазываем бешамелем+ фарш+ сыр. И так до верха формы или пока не закончится начинка.
5) ставим форму в разогретую духовку на 180°С на 35-40 минут. Сперва форму закрыть фольгой, через минут 20 открыть. Ваша лазанья готова. 💋💋💋
REVIEW: @sushimaniauk, Cambridge. 🍣🍢🍤 🥟 🐙🦐🐚🐔🐄
While it's not life changing sushi, it's certainly of a pretty decent standard. The menu is quite extensive also offering, sushi, Karaage, tempura udon, gyoza, yakitori and much more which in my opinion is a bit distracting and prevents it from excelling in quality and execution in any of the particular dishes, for instance the maguro nigiri, a classic benchmark, was disappointing (hand pressed tuna piece) and they did not offer maguro sashimi! By contrast it makes it a great introduction restaurant for westerners to Japanese food. What is good though the absolute value for money for £16.99 for ALL YOU CAN EAT in a 2 hour window (Ts & Cs apply). This is absolutely unheard of for the quality at this price point. I kinda don't wanna reveal the disrespectful amount of food we cleaned up 😭. Overall, this was a good place to visit and is definitely good place to get a drink up going over good food 🍻 particular s/os to the vegetable skewers tbh and the salmon sashimi (impossible to do badly tbh haha but this was fresh 👌) strong 8/10.
Thanks for the team up boys @andrewzhou9@yipcht 👌look forward to the next munch x
Thank you @saifjalali for going above and beyond for the effort and love you put into to hosting something special. 🍛🇮🇳🇵🇰🍷 🍻🥃 🍾 😵 This man showed why the classics are called classics, executing butter chicken, lamb karahi and keema sooooo damn well. The attention to detail in the karahi and butter chicken especially deserves so much praise, I was so damn impressed. It really does vocalise how the utilisation of key ingredients well is so transformative to the flavour profile. 👌😍 Legit no joke, if you pre pic 2 of the Karahi in the pot. Just eye up that muscle seperation, of the lamb and the protein and fat distribution in the surrounding gravy. One look finna tell you that gonna taste good 👀. Tbh if you don't appreciate that picture, you don't even like food idgaf 🤷♂️😂
As always what a great night, this has got me thinking about my next menu 🤔🤔🤔
S/o to @adamhatoum + @instakhan.jpeg for the hospitality also 🙏. Next one coming soon
HOMEMADE / HOW TO: NACHOOOOOOOOSSSSS 🌮🧀🌶️🥑🐄🇲🇽 🇺🇸 the easiest ultimate texmex classic ft @penbaxton, these bad boys were sooo gooood one of the doctors living in my accomodation block asked me when I'm next around so he could join in next time hahaha 🤷♂️👌
1) THE BEEF: saute some beef with white onions and chillis and then stew these with plum tomatoes and more chillis for a few hours to develop a nice deep flavour
2) THE QUESO (this is definitely not good for your arteries btw): start with a bechamel base by making a blond roux by combining flour with melted butter and then add heavy cream. Then grate an obscene amount of cheese into this and combine on medium heat (we used a whole block of xtra mature cheddar) bang in some chopped chilli if you fancy as well
3) bang a bunch of nachos on a baking tray, cover them in the beefy and cheesy goodness (we did 2 layers as we're hungry bois) and put in oven to get some heat on the nachos
4) top with fresh salsa, guac and crema and MORE QUESO
THE SOURCREAM: you can buy but a cheat way is using natural set yoghurt with lime juice and salt, it works wonderfully!
THE SALSA: we used chopped tomatoes, red onion, coriander chilli and lime juice
THE GUAC: mash some fresh avocado with some white onion, lime juice
5) Eat, cry over how good it is and then cry over how much cheese and cream you just ate 👍 EZ
Happy cooking guys x